Friday, July 10, 2020

Current Status Update & Ponderings -- part 3

So, where are we moving to?  Well, we don't know.

That's the simple answer.

The long answer is this -- there's a lot to be done, prior to figuring that out.  Have I looked at home listings?  Well sure.  Have I found some dream homes?  Sure.  Have those dream homes sold the first day on the market?  Also sure! 

...but again, not quite there yet.

If you follow my (personal) facebook, you may have seen that I now have two storage units, and one is packed about to the brim.  So, I have been moving stuff out.  I somehow managed to snag someone to work for me, amid the pandemic.  A high school student named Brad -- he's been super helpful with moving stuff and packing and all that.  Anyway, we've been moving stuff out, but before I can do any major cleaning of downstairs, the animals need to go.  That's step 1.

Step 2 is removing the rest of the crap, upstairs and downstais that needs to go out to storage.  I'm amazed at how much we've taken already, and furniture we've cleared out... but there's still more!  I even sold some furniture, to avoid taking it with me.

Step 3 is cleaning.  I have dogs, so the walls need to be lightly washed, holes need to be patched from hanging pictures, that sort of thing.  The stove needs to be cleaned, the fridge, all that fun stuff.  The floors need to be washed.

Step 4 and beyond are less in my control.  The house needs to be listed.  Once listed, I get to go see all these houses that I have favorited and see if I find one I like, so that...

Step 5, once the house sells, I hopefully already have one in mind to buy, and can put an offer in on the house.

Step 6, hopefully the offer is accepted, and I'm able to close on that house within the right amount of closing time, so there's overlap... so I am not "homeless" if my house sells and closes... and I haven't yet bought another.  Hopefully there will be overlap so I don't need to worry about that.

Step 7, getting the new house ready for chinchillas.  We'll talk about Step 7 in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment