Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Phone Calls -- From Me and You

This has been a "problem" for years, and I guess I just don't get it.  And this goes both ways...

I've had people call here... leave a voicemail... so I call them back.  I understand most of these people are not going to have my number in their phone, but... I can't tell you how many times I get sent to voicemail!  Like where it rings once or twice, and then straight to voicemail.  Call again, even LESS rings, so it's intentional.  The best part is when I get someone on the line, and say, "this is Ashley with NWI Chinchillas," *CLICK*  Like... they called me.  So, why they're hanging up on me, or sending me to voicemail or whatever... I just don't quite get it?  Maybe someone can explain it to me.

Other phone calls... I got one today that asked if I was Critter Camp, which is a guinea pig rescue located not all that far from here.  I explained, no, this is NWI Chinchilla Rescue, and told them about the guinea pig rescue. Oh that's ok, they wanted tor reach me.  Bullshit, they wanted to reach Critter Camp.  I'm not stupid, come on.  Then they asked me if I took in animals... as usual, we are full and have a waiting list, so I told them about that, they said thank you and hung up.  Probably now they will call the actual Critter Camp 

Same thing goes for adoption forms.  I can't tell you how many people fill them out, I respond (usually email, but sometimes I phone call depending on situation), and I never hear back.  I'm not even talking about someone who's waited a week to hear back from me, most often this is people who've sent one and I've replied the same day!

I guess my point for all this is -- there's very little follow through for people nowadays, and myself, I find it insanely frustrating!  Why apply to adopt... if you're not going to answer the rescue's emails / phone calls?  Why call about something, if you're just going to hang up, or send the call to voicemail when they call back?  At the end of the day, it's a waste of my time.  Not that adoption forms take that long to look at, but that's actually beside the point.  If I look at 5 of them and respond to all 5 (and the responses are what take a while, since some people put down some really oddball stuff), and only 1 person gets back to me... why did I even bother?  I understand, people may have second thoughts... but maybe that should be thought through... prior to contacting?  Just my thoughts, anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment