Wednesday, April 18, 2012

...and almost forgot

So, now that I have a few days off from grad school where I can think about things other than class, I finally got around to ordering some urns for when our chins pass away.  Not to be morbid or anything, but some of the favorites are getting up there in years, or are within a few years of hitting double digits, and I'd rather just be prepared ahead of time.  So ashestoashes.com has a ton of nice little urns for pets, and we'd already ordered a little plaque from there for when Cinder passed away... so I ordered like 6 urns and a plaque for JuneBug.

Thought about ordering one of the little stands/bases for the urns, but the prices are a bit more than I'd like to spend.  I figure, I have the little plaque that says the name and all - I can take a piece of a 4x4, cut it to the size I want, sand it down, spray paint it black, stick the plaque to the front of it, and sit the urn on top.  And voila! instant base.... without spending $35-50 per base.  So that'll surely be on my to-do list for some time to come, but eventually it'll get done. 

And right now, JuneBug's ashes are still in the white plastic container thing the crematory gave me, once the urns get in, I can actually put hers in one of them.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment