Thursday, April 3, 2014

Canceling Again

So, the person who was supposed to come for their four chins cancelled again.  They don't like driving in the rain.  I can't really fault em for that, but if it rains every day that we schedule, this could go on for months.  Cause this is after last week, where they didn't show up, didn't call, didn't anything, until I messaged and asked what happened to them.  Oh, they had to work.  But couldn't take the two minutes it would take to log onto facebook and say, hey, I can't come. 

So now, they're saying they can't come today and they haven't even set up the cage yet.  And why not?  They KNEW they were coming today because they wanted to come Sunday and I had plans.  But no, wait til the last minute.  I understand people work, but shit, if I can find time to get chins ready for adoption and keep all the chins clean, fed, etc, and unpack, the average person can find time to set up a cage.  Are they gonna find time to CLEAN that cage when they have the chins?

Needless to say, I am peeved.  I do not have the patience for people who keep canceling and canceling.  This is the same person who took me a month to get me girl scout cookies, where I was always available, yet she kept rescheduling.

And I really don't care if she's reading this right now, because I'm telling the truth and this is really pissing me off.   

I don't "do favors."  There are policies for the rescue for a reason.  Chins can be held for two weeks without a deposit or adoption form.  It's been over two weeks.  I've had other people ask about the chins this person has on hold.  I've told them, they're on hold.  They've said, ok, we'll get a chin elsewhere.  And now this person is telling me, maybe she only wants three instead of the four.  And naturally, the fourth chin is the one that I had 2 people emailing about wanting to adopt.  So potentially lost out on these chins being adopted and gone by now because they're on hold for someone that I am STILL waiting to find out, how many chins, and when she wants to come.   

^ That is the reason for the two week hold limit.  Because otherwise I start loosing out on other opportunities to find the chins homes.  And naturally, I still don't have an adoption form or a deposit.  And granted this person is out in Valpo, so its not a 5 minute drive, but I think mailing a check is an option for most people.

Oh wait, get this... she asked for a discount on all the chins.  Further discount than what I'd offer with multi-chin discount. And she says to make up for it, she'll come help out at the rescue.  Really?  When?!  She can't even make it over here to pick up her chins and drop off her cookies!  But she's gonna find time to help??  I can't wait to see this.

It's a bad sign when, before I get out of bed, I check my facebook, and I have a message, and I'm 95% sure it's a certain person.  Because that's almost never good.

So, now just waiting to hear back from this person as to when this circus can continue.  I told her, she needs to pick up the chins within the next week cause she's already exhausted her 2 weeks.  I actually asked her too, what type of shelves she has for the cage.  Because that's a big one, as far as the questions go, and at least if I knew that, we could get a little farther in terms of being closer to adoption.

Which reminds me.  I hate when people bring adoption forms the day they come to adopt.  No matter what they say, I always feel rushed going over them, and when people get a lot of things wrong, then I spend a ton of time regurgitating the care packet for them, which they always have noted on the adoption form that they "have read."  Not well, apparently.  Most rescues require that you fill it out and give em a few days to get back to you.  Maybe I should institute that.  Would avoid this shit where people come by and then I have to debate, should I adopt to them when they have the wrong this, or the wrong this, and they "say" they'll fix it, but if they don't feel like it, they have no reason to fix it after they've gotten the chins?

And by the way, I have nothing against this person specifically.  It doesn't help that this is the second go round (first with the girl scout cookies), but even that aside... I don't have any patience for people who don't show up and then reschedule and cancel, and so on and so forth.  A lot of rescues will not hold anything without a deposit or a set date to come pick up.  I've always felt that's kinda mean, because a chin could be adopted out form under someone who didn't have their work schedule yet and couldn't set up a date.  But then, they could have sent in a deposit.  There is a reason they do these things.  Versus me, I let myself be a doormat and people walk all over me because I feel bad for these people and don't want to do that to them.  But I completely see why other rescues do it.  They don't deal with this sort of shit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment