Saturday, January 14, 2017

Setting Appointments

This is one of those things I wanted to share with you, purely because I think many will read this and understand just how much I sometimes want to bang my head against the wall. 

Little back story here.... I had a person set to come for their appointment, and they texted to cancel:

Them:  Not going to be able to make it today.  My next time off is the weekend.
Me:  Ok, when are you thinking for the weekend?
Them:  Whatever is good for u
Me:  Ok well let's start with, what day would you prefer?
Them:  Saturday?
Me:  Ok so Saturday I will be home until 6 pm.  Does a time before that work for you?
Them:  Yes
Me:  Ok, what time are you thinking?
Them:  What time is good for u
Me:  Would you rather come in the morning or afternoon?
Them:  Morning
Me:  Ok, how about 10 am?
Them:  Can u do 8?
  
Honestly... the reason I ask people when they want to come, is to give them the opportunity to tell me, like in this case... "hey, I want to come Saturday at 8."  This conversation was a complete waste of effort on both our parts.  She keeps asking me when's good for me... and then when we finally narrow it down and I specify when is good for me... she wants a specific time that's NOT the time I specified.  So what was the point of her asking when was good for me?  I guess I don't get it.

She really could have said, "hey, I can't make it today, can I come Saturday at 8?" and had this conversation turn out the same way.  Really.  And it would have saved us both some effort. 

I don't bite, people.  If you want a specific day and time, ask for it.  If I'm not around, I may tell you that, and maybe it won't work out for that specific day and time, but there's no point to dance around it like this.  That is all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment