Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Patience

Ah, so a blog about patience.  I know, I know, I have none, but we're not talking about me (though I have gotten better over the years).

We're talking about potential adopters.

Now, I'm sure you all know -- I do my absolute best to get back to you all, as soon as I possibly can.  Sometimes, I can answer an email that day, even that hour... sometimes it might take me a day or two, especially depending on what you ask.  And don't get me wrong, I do understand that cases exist, where you send me an email... and you're driving through the area later that day... so you absolutely have to get a hold of me right away, or else you're going to pass the area.  It happens.  But that's not what I'm talking about...

I'm talking about...  case in point... the other day, I got an email at 4:39 pm.  I had customers until about 7, left the house right after the customers (actually, I should have been at my parents' house for dinner at 7, but I didn't shoo away the customer), came home at about 11 pm.  11:21 -- I get a facebook message on the NWI Chins page, from the same person as the email (they just repeated what was said in the email).

Now, I understand that they want to know, do I have a chin that matches what they want.  But... patience people.  That was what, 7 hours?  I understand to some people, especially if you're sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for something, that may feel like eternity.... but I wasn't home for 95% of the time between when the email was sent and when the message was sent.... and the time I was home, I had customers (with the exception of the 20ish minutes between when I got home and when I got the message).

Now... I'm not saying, if you think for some reason, that I didn't get your message, don't message again.  By all means, please do!  I've had some people email, and specify, hey, this is the second time they're emailing me... I never got the first email, so good thing they sent again!  But... if you do send an email or message or whatever, please know that I do try my best to get back to you as quick as possible... but give me a little bit.  Chances are, if I haven't gotten back to your email, you're in good company with other people who are waiting for my responses as well.  But I promise I'm doing my best to have a quick turnaround!

No comments:

Post a Comment