Monday, June 12, 2017

"I Will Adopt If..."

We hear from people of all sorts.  By no means do we only hear from the crazies, there are plenty of nice, normal, fantastic adopters out there.  But... there's also the interesting ones.

We've had people over the years, who have specified, they will adopt one of our chins, if we throw in a cage, a few months worth of supplies, and so on and so forth.  Maybe it's just me, but my immediate response is... really?  No.  I nicely inform them, if they want a chin with cage and supplies, they may check craiglist or something of the sort, or I let them know, I could even put a package together for them, of a chin, cage, etc... and they always come back with, oh, well, that's too much money, that's why they want me to throw in a huge cage and 6 months worth of supplies with their $75 chin, cause they only have $75.

Now... the money discussion will be saved for another time... but no.  Adoptions are not conditional.  We don't "do something for you" in order for you to adopt.

I've had such weird instances of this.  Awhile back, (and I know I blogged about this) we had the one person who wanted to adopt our guinea pigs... and totally would (!!)... if only we helped them list their kittens for sale.  What?  Sorry, no.  That's not how this works.  And for those wondering... even if we DID take in kittens, most shelters will not adopt out to someone who's currently surrendering an animal, for just about any reason.

But... the one I got the other day was just priceless, so I had to share with you.  I had a chin listed, a standard grey female for $75, and I received this email:

First off.... I really appreciate her telling me how much she will give me for my rescue animal!  How nice of her to inform me how much she will pay.  Going off this logic, I think I'll go to the Lexus dealership and tell them, I'll be happy to take on that one nice SUV for the $1 in change that I have in my pocket.  Think that'd work there?  No?  Well, it doesn't work here either!

And.... of course... we all know chins don't get shots and vaccines, and if that lady really thinks they do... then she clearly hasn't done any research, and doesn't need one as a pet.  AND... note, she'll ONLY adopt for a whopping $25, IF the chin has all the shots and vaccines.  So, basically, (let's pretend they need those for a second), she wants a completely vetted chin with all necessary everything (which costs money, of course)... for 1/3 of the asking price!  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...... no.

No comments:

Post a Comment