Tuesday, May 29, 2018

The Other Day

So, this was the other day...

Woke up... realized I hadn't heard back from someone supposed to tell me a time they were coming, so I messaged them... got a time.

Let the dogs outside to play for awhile, and decided to start the day by making some houses.  I put together two cottage houses, a standard house, and a porthole house.  Note the words "put together."  To actually build houses from scratch takes approx. 1 hour per house, between cutting the wood, drilling the holes, sanding the holes / house, and gluing / rubberbanding the house.  So, I typically do it in parts.  Lately, I've been cutting and drilling the houses at Jim's place in his woodshop (he has more fun equipment than I do in mine), and then bringing them home and finishing them here.  Usually, sanding a few of them one day, then another day, gluing / rubberbanding them.  So today, four houses got glued / rubberbanded.  Yaya.

With that done, I figured I would work on orders for a bit.  I currently have three paid-for orders, and two people (who I know) that want cages set up with shelves, that I'm working on, and will figure out cost later.  I got the three orders packed up in about an hour.  It was super quick this time because I actually had everything already made, and didn't have to stop, mid-way through packing, and go make a healthy treat mix, or a house, or whatever.  Those are now packed up.

I got a phone call asking about chins and prices, and I explained, several times, they would need to make an appointment.  So, they ask, can they come now?  Am I home now?  When will I be home?  Granted, I was home, but I knew I had another appointment coming in a little bit, so I told them, I would be available after 3 or so.  "Ok, I'll try to be there, 3 pm or later, bye!!" *click*  Really?  Sometimes, that sort of thing makes me want to leave and be gone for the rest of the day.  I explained, SEVERAL times, that we need a set appointment, and they can't just show up when they feel like it (in nicer terms, of course), because I don't stay home 24/7.  They listened so well, clearly. 

Realizing what time it was, and that the other appointment was going to be here soon, and the floor was an absolute mess, I stopped to sweep really quick, and then took the three packages upstairs.  I figured, since the person is coming soon, and it never fails that the second I go downstairs, someone knocks, I'd stay upstairs until they showed up.  I have two new video doorbells, so I stayed upstairs to work on getting those set up.  I got as far as I could without actually attaching them, and naturally I'm missing something to do so, so I set that aside for the moment and moved onto my texts.

No, I don't only answer texts at a certain time, lol, but occasionally they pile up, so then, I will look at a bunch of them all at once, like literally, designate a time where I'm going to look at texts.  One text was someone who is scheduled to bring their chins for grooming, and wanted to know if they could also get food when they come.  Sure can.  Another was a potential adopter, wanting to connect with Freddy's foster home about meeting her.  Sent him their info, sent the foster home his info.  Another was a previous adopter, asking about a health concern for her chin, slight wheezing / chirping.  She ended up taking her to the vet and was prescribed Baytril for an upper respiratory infection, fingers crossed all goes well on that treatment.  Then I moved along to the FB messengers, as those also qualify (haha) when I'm looking at texts.  The guy coming for the appointment today asked me to confirm the address, done.  Nothing else that I hadn't seen on the NWI fb page, onto personal messages.  Someone who just received an order from me sent me a video of a baby chin bouncing around, adorable.  Another friend told me that a documentary that I wanted to watch (animal cruelty related) is available on demand right now for free.  Someone else messaged on there, wanting to set up an appointment.  Suggested a time, heard back within a half hour, set the appointment.

Got a call about the runs, talked with them for a bit, they said they'll call back.  We shall see.

My appointment showed up, dropped off their chin with some food and dust.  Went back upstairs to finish an email that I was in the middle of, then went back downstairs.  The other day, Issa cleaned some dusters for me, and I let everything that's washed dry, at least overnight.  They had, so I took those, put dust in them, and put them up where they go.

Worked on cleaning cages for a bit, got about 1/3 of the way done for the week, and then went upstairs to have sort of an early dinner.  After dinner, decided to take some time to answer emails... did that for awhile...down to only (only, haha!) 57 emails in my inbox.  Needed to move onto other stuff, so I went back downstairs and continued cleaning and organizing, since I knew I had several people coming the next day.  I cleaned the rest of the cages with pull-out pans, so the only ones left to clean would be the big cages (FNs/CN) and the guinea pig cages.  Left those for another day... it was already around midnight at that point in time. 

Decided to stay upstairs and organize stuff.  You see, I'm really good, like really good, at bringing stuff in the house and not putting it away.  Like if that was a marketable talent, I'd be rich.  So, eventually I have to go through my piles of mail and stuff I've brought in the house, and I sort base on whether it can be put away, or whether it needs to be taken downstairs (cause let's be honest... most stuff I bring in, if it's not like mail or whatever... is for the chins or some other critter).  So, I sorted for about an hour or two, found a lot of stuff that went downstairs, then had a late night snack, and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment