Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Used Cages

So, as you may know, we often have used cages for sale.  In fact, we often have a LOT more used cages than what's literally listed on our website.

We've been slowly but surely listing cages on marketplace, and as those have sold, or heck, even as people have not read the ads, and then stated, oh the cage is too little....we have then suggested a bigger cage that we have, and still have sold a cage! 

Anyway, I guess the point is, we almost always have used cages.  Lately, some people have been messaging asking about what used cages we have that aren't listed, and I will tell them.  Depending on the amount of work needed to make the cage use-able, that usually gets added to the discussion as well.

For example, someone messaged me wanting a used critter nation.  At the time I had two -- a nice 3-level and a rusty-sitting-in-my-backyard 2-level.  Now, let me just say.... I take good care of my cages, so the fact that I left that CN in my backyard for a couple of weeks should suggest to you what condition it was in.  But, since someone asked about it, I mentioned that one as well, and specified that I could paint it and it would be very useable when painted.  It was just rusted on the surface, not rusted through.

For reference, this is the pic I sent, when asked for a pic:


The person wanted to come see it like within a couple days, and I told them, unfortunately I would not be able to get it painted quite that quickly.  I told her, she could either wait until I had it painted, or I'd be happy to send her home with the cage and a can of spray paint.  I actually kind of meant that as a joke, but, to be fair, there's nothing I can do to clean up a cage, that I can't explain, so someone else could also do at home.  She ended up agreeing to come get the cage and spray paint it at her place.

She got here, looked at the cage, took it home, sprayed it and fixed it up, and then came back and got some chins.

Anyway, the point is... there's often cages here that are not listed, not anything.  But if someone reaches out and says what they're looking for, often we have what that person is looking for, and can either clean it up for them, or sell it at a discount if it's taken as is.  So if you're ever looking for something, don't be afraid to ask!  You never know what we might have!

No comments:

Post a Comment