Saturday, February 21, 2015

People

People are interesting.  First, in the last week or two, I've gotten three emails asking about Maddie.  All three people, wait for it, cannot adopt for like three months.  Which is fine and dandy and all, but...telling me now really is kind of pointless.  I mean imagine going into a car dealership and saying, "I want to buy a car in three months.  I don't want to get prequalified or anything, I just wanted to let you know."  They're going to tell you to come back in 3 months.  So why is this different?  I told the people, when you're ready, let me know.  But until then, she's up for grabs. And don't get me wrong, they all seem like nice people.  But it's hard to get the average person to follow through with an adoption a week later, much less 3 months later....so I'll wait to hear back when one of them is actually ready.

Moving along.  I got an email.  Someone wanted to adopt Puff because "he" was so adorable.  Not sure where they saw an add, cause there's not one up for her right now (which means they probably dug through Facebook pics) and clearly can't read either since Puff was female.  And went to her new home a few months ago. Which I told em.  Same person emailed asking if Owl was up for adoption.  No. I told em, the adoptable chins are shown on the Available Chins page on the website and only those chins are available.

I've been making more of an effort lately to clean up the rescue and the basement in general. It's getting there.  Few more days of cleaning / organizing and I hopefully will be able to find my paperwork on some of the most recent surrenders so I can see if they're potentially adoptable yet, and if they are, I can get them listed.  Can't be adopted if no one knows they're available.

No comments:

Post a Comment