Sunday, August 18, 2019

Long Time No See!

So, I know it's been awhile since I posted... lots has been going on here!  Between everything that went on with our boarder chin, Chichi, going to the vet, having her leg amputated, and subsequently passing away, to me selling one of my vehicles, to one of my dogs getting attacked by another dog... it's seemed to be very non-stop on this end!  I will try to wrap up the last couple of weeks in this post, and then try to resume my normal posting schedule (if there is such a thing, right?).

So, for the boarder chin, Chichi.  I don't remember what all I posted in the last post, and to be perfectly honest, I'm not going to go back and read it right now, but the cliff notes version is that she never came home from the vet.  The vet did everything they could to save her, but unfortunately, she didn't pull through.  The vet bill came to over $1,100.  The owner is going to pick up the cremains and pawprint when they get back to the states, and I went and paid the bill.

One of my friends set up a go fund me to help us recover from such a high, unexpected vet bill, and of course, to help keep us in the positive.  If you're wanting to donate to our continued operation or help cover that vet bill, you can find the go fund me here -- https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-keep-nwi-chinchilla-rescue-operating

Moving along from that, I sold my blazer, which I used to use for all things chin, until I outgrew it.  So that was a sad moment... until about 30 hours later, when the new owner accused me of selling him the vehicle with bad brake lines and said that I had to have known about it.  I explained, I had the entire thing looked over by a shop, and they said nothing major was wrong, it looked good for a 15 year old vehicle, and his response, "they lied to you."  Because a shop, that wants to make money, fixing vehicles, is going to tell you that nothing needs fixed, when something needs fixed.  He wanted me to split the cost of the repairs with him, yeah, no.  That went on for a couple days though til he finally started calling me all sorts of names and I just stopped responding.

Next was when Roxy got attacked.  I won't go into the whole story on here, because, well, it's all in the go fund me, but the cliff notes is that she got attacked on her belly / abdomen / back, had to have emergency surgery to repair, went through 6 sessions of hyperbaric oxygen therapy treatments, and now gets to see the regular vet again on Monday.  Her go fund me is here -- https://www.gofundme.com/f/n3vfp-roxy039s-vet-bills

Roxy is such a sweetie, you'd all love her if you met her.  She is just the sweetest thing she she is being a trooper!  Right now though, she is taking up quite a bit of time, as she needs wiped down 3-4 times a day with a disinfectant solution, she needs her wounds cleaned, two different ointments put on, she needs to take antibiotics / anti-inflammatories / pain meds... she currently has puppy pads in her crate so I can monitor drainage from her multiple open wounds.  All of this takes time.  Don't you get me wrong -- I am not complaining in the slightest!  I just mention this to explain, because I am behind on emails, behind on phone calls, behind on messages, everything.  Just so you understand.

So think good thoughts for Roxy and all the critters, and bear with me as I try to catch up.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment