Thursday, August 22, 2019

Tire Kickers

So, I know I talk about this on and on and on, but I wanted to give you all another example of time wasters / tire kickers / and... why I am still behind.

So, I have someone message me back on July 3rd, asking if I have any baby chins available.  Since everyone's definition of "baby" differs, I asked how young of a chinchilla they were looking for.  They said 8-10 weeks, and also asked if I had any pregnant chins right now.

I told them, I probably do have some pregnant ones, I don't routinely check them, but I do have babies born pretty frequently, but I told her, I show, so it's not like all the babies are available as soon as they're weaned.  I then asked her if there was something specific she was looking for.  She sent me pics of a white and a violet.

At that time, I didn't have any whites or violets that were that age, and I told her so, but I told her to check back in a week or so, and I would see what I had weaned in the meantime.  She said ok thank you. 

The next day, I get a text saying that she saw that I had a young male for sale, and she was asking for pics of him.  I didn't have pics of him yet, and I told her so, and said I would get those to her as soon as I did.  Two days later, sent her a handful of pics of the male (a standard grey) that she had requested.  She saw the pics and asked if she could get back to me next week, and see what else is available.  Sure.

Fast forward about a week, and I look at what babies I have currently born (this was middle of July).  With what I currently had born and under mom, I wouldn't have a violet or mosaic that was the right age until at least about a month down the line.  So I messaged her, and I told her, it would still be 3-5 weeks before any possible chins that she would like would be weaned, and another week or so before they'd be ready to go (assuming of course, that I wasn't going to keep him).  She responded that she wasn't in any hurry, and asked for pics when I could get some.  I explained, I don't take pics before they're weaned, so as to not disturb the mom and whatnot.  So she asked to be informed when they're almost ready.  Can do.

Fast forward to August 8th, I message her asking if she's still looking for a young white or violet, as I have some that will be ready within a week or two.  She said yes, and asked to see pics.  I told her I'd snap some as soon as they became ready, she said ok.  On the 16th (so a week later, when they're ready to go), I send her some pics of a violet and two mosaics.  She asks the pricing, I tell her.  She says thanks, can she get back to me the next day.  Sure.

So the next day, late afternoon, I have someone who calls and wants to come look at chins.  Since the chins I'm talking about with this person are available, I feel like I should make her aware that there is someone else coming who might also think they're cute and so on, so I text her and tell her, hey btw, someone else is coming to look at chins, so if she really likes any of them, definitely let me know cause we can always get a deposit down on the one she likes.

I don't end up hearing back from her before the people come (she had like 1-2 hours to respond), and the people who were here ended up going home with different chins, so in the long run, it didn't matter anyway.  Later that evening, I get a text that says that she's in the middle of moving so now's not a good time to get one, but once she's settled, she will message me to see what's available.

Really?  So... then why, a week prior, when I asked if she was still looking for one, did she say yes?  Why did she ask for pics?  Prices?  All of that?... if she didn't want to get one?  This is what I get frustrated about, because as you know, from reading this blog, there's always way too much to do, and this sort of thing ties up a lot of time... for nothing.  Chances are, I will never hear back from her, and that's ok, but I just wish she hadn't taken all this time, for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment