Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Recurring Donations

Last week, we had someone come to adopt a chin, a cute little homo beige female.  They came here all the way from New York.  They flew into Chicago, rented a car, drove here, picked up their furball and some supplies, and drove back.

As you know, this sort of thing happens now and then, usually a few times a year, but it's still AMAZING that people will make such efforts to come and adopt a chin from us!  Of course, I'm eternally grateful.

This person picked up a cage, supplies, the chin, and all sorts of things, and their last request was that we set up some sort of recurring donation for them, so they could donate every month to us, without having to even think about it.  I suppose I always knew this was a thing, but I never looked into it until someone asked me to.

So I looked it up on PayPal, and the way they have it set up is what they call a "subscription."  That sort of makes sense, since it is something you're paying for monthly.  So we chatted back and forth, and this particular person wanted to donate $20 a month, so I added the option of $20/month.  Unfortunately, for this sort of thing, there's no way to have you (the person donating) input the amount they want, they have to choose from set amounts.  So, I put in standard amounts, $5 / $10 / $20 / $25 / $50 / $100.  If someone messages me and wants to donate a different amount a month, I can go edit and put in another option, but those I think are some pretty standard amounts.

Anyway, so where is this, you might ask?  It's on our donations page!  If you go here -- https://www.nwichinchillas.com/donations.htm -- you will see the "subscribe" button along with "Make a Recurring Donation to NWI Chinchilla Rescue!"  There's a drop-down menu where you can select how much you'd like to donate and it automatically takes it out every month.  Kinda neat, huh?

Anyway, so now that's up there, for anyone who might want to use it.  I was reminded of this by the email that that person signed up for their $20/monthly donation, so you know I had to tell you all about it.   Thanks to Olivia A. for prompting me to do this, and thanks to anyone who ever has or will donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment