Friday, January 11, 2013

Honest to fucking god

So, I had someone wanting to pick up some of the plastic superpet shelves and tubes today.  I told her, call before you come over, because I know I'm not going to be sitting home all day.  Does she call?  No.  She comes by, I'm not home, and she calls four times, apparently while sitting in the driveway.  I get a text a bit later, saying she was at my house for awhile, but she guesses I wasn't home (ya think?) and I should call her so I can meet her somewhere.

Now, let's remember.  I said call before you come.  That means... you don't just SHOW UP.  You CALL first.  Did she call?  No.  I don't feel bad if I'm not home when you are calling from my doorstep, because you didn't call BEFORE you came.

Also, let's remember, these superpet shelves and all are $0.50 cents each.  So, we're talking about a $3 order that she wants to pick up.  It is not worth my gas to meet her anywhere for $3.

So, when I do get home, I text her back:

Me:  I wasn't home and I forgot my phone at home.  I told you to call first.  I can't help that you didn't call and you came when I wasn't here.  If you want to get your stuff, you'll need to come here.  It's not worth my gas to meet you for $3. 

Me:  And if you want to stop by, I need to know you're coming before you stop by.

....reasonable, right?  Not being an ass, just saying, I said call before you come, if you don't, I'm not going to apologize for not being home....

Her:  Ok?? ...you're being completely ridiculous right now.  I wasn't mad or anything... tried to call.  Whatever.  Keep your shit.  Not worth the attitude, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment