Thursday, July 3, 2014

...and yet again

Remember the last few posts?  About people canceling, not showing up, adopting from somewhere else after taking my time and effort trying to adopt a chin here?  Oh yeah, wanted to share some more with you.

Yesterday, I had someone call.  They got two chins from somewhere and wanted to update their cage, so they wanted hammocks, shelves, etc.  They wanted to come today.  So, I had a lot of hammocks that needed the hardware put in them, I made sure to put that in so they'd be ready for when this person came today.  And, because I still haven't been able to get my shelf hardware ordered, I went through the wood I have and shelves I have that other people have backed out of orders on, and organized it, so it'd be ready for this person.  Because they said they'd come with their cage dimensions.  Yup, you got it.  They never showed.  Never called, either, to let me know they weren't coming.

And also again, I had someone interested in one of the chins.  The person I spoke of yesterday who was going to have to put down a deposit to hold the chin long enough for them to come pick up.  Oh, yeah, they had a chin dropped off at the guy's work so he adopted that one.

Maybe it's just me, but I wasn't raised to change my mind the way these people do.  If I told a rescue, I'm going to adopt that chin, it wouldn't matter if it rained chins, and I could go outside and pick them out like flowers, I would adopt the chin from the rescue.  Why?  BECAUSE I SAID I WOULD.  And to me, that means something.  Clearly not to anyone else though.

I do give the guy props that he did, at least, let me know that he no longer is interested in the chin.  A lot of people don't even bother to do that.

Things better pick up soon.  That's all I'm going to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment