Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Fosters Taking Pictures

So, sort of piggybacking off the last blog post, I wanted to talk a little bit about fosters taking pictures.

I suppose my example isn't going to actually be of a foster, per se, but bear with me here.

We had a chin come back to the rescue the other day, some of you may remember MJ, the adult beige female.  She wasn't gone for long... she was adopted as a companion for the person's other chinchilla, and that worked out at first, but as time went on, the original chin was more and more stressed out by MJ, even with MJ just being in the room... so the owner made the tough decision to bring her back. 

Anyway, the reason I mention this... I told her, if she had any insights on MJs personality or pics or anything she'd like to share, that I could use for rehoming, I'd love to see them, as often they can be so much more personal when someone else takes them (while I don't mind taking pictures... it's one of 1000 things on my to-do list, so time constraints make a difference in the awww-factor of the pictures).  So I wanted to share with you her pictures...












Now, I can't find my pics of MJ, so I don't have anything to use by comparison, but tell you don't look at those pics and go awwwww.  This is what I mean when I say that fosters can get more personal pics.  While I do think it's important to have pics that show the chin's color and full body and all that (which there are pics in here like that, I do realize that), I think it's also important to have the cutesy pics like the chin sleeping or sitting on someone's head or shoulder or whatnot.  To me, it makes the chin look more loved and more adoptable, to see those sleeping moments (for example) in the pics.  These type of pics are what I love to get from the fosters!  They don't have to be some magical photographical masterpieces, they just need to be nice clear shots of the chins.  That's all.  Anything to help them get adopted!

No comments:

Post a Comment