Thursday, October 26, 2017

Size of Toys

Wanted to do a quick post and share something with you.  We've heard quite a few comments over the years about how our toys are good sized for the prices, and we do try to make them worth the cost, because I know how much it costs to care for a chinchilla (or 200)... but I'm not sure people even realize what size the toys are. 

On all the toy listings, it actually does say the size.  The anything goes and anything goes colored toys are 6", the muncher's delights are 7"... the anything goes plus and ring of pumice are 14" circles... and so on.  But sometimes I think those numbers aren't all that helpful.  I know when I'm making the toys, I always make the first one and then measure it, to make sure it's the right side, adjust up or down if needed, and then keep that one out as a guideline.  Of course, I'd rather the toy be on the large size, I don't want to gyp anyone!  But I'm even amazed sometimes when I make a toy and measure it and it's 2" bigger than it needs to be!  Guess I'm not that good at eyeballing measurements.

Anyway... lots of rambling to lead to a pic.  A happy chin-customer submitted this and said we could use it (it's also a second pic on our halloween toy in the webstore listing now), as it shows the size of the toy next to a young-adult chin.  He likes it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment