Saturday, July 28, 2018

Christmas-painting In July!

So... you may know that I tend to procrastinate, and always end up thinking that I have more time than I really do.

And every year, Christmas creeps up on me, and when I go to get ready for the holiday Festival of Trees that's held at Hearts In Motion, I realize I still haven't painted any ornaments.  In case you're not familiar, during the holiday season, from about mid-November until after Christmas, a local resale shop, Hearts In Motion, has what they call their Festival of Trees.  This is where local rescues and other similar minded organizations set up a holiday tree with ornaments.  These ornaments are for sale, and can be purchased.  100% of the proceeds comes back to the rescue -- Hearts in Motion doesn't make a dime off of this, so it's very beneficial to the rescues.

The ornaments that we have on our tree are two different kids, there's regular ornaments that people have donated.  Any time of the year, anyone can feel free to donate ornaments... we will put them aside and use them on our holiday tree.  Yearly, once they go on clearance, we also buy some of the wood ornaments that are meant to be painted... paint them... and they're for sale next year.

That's what I'm working on right now... my workstation:


It's kind of funny because the other day, someone asked how I have time for the rescue and crafts.  Turns out... the crafts are FOR the rescue!  Haha.  I don't think they were expecting that.  Lots that I do is somehow related to the critters.

Some of the ornaments from last week:


More ornaments as they are currently (in various stages of completion):



The colors look a bit washed out in these photos, but they're actually really vibrant and pretty in real life!  Don't all these pics make you just want to buy these ornaments and support us??  Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment