Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Cage Dedication

If you've been at the rescue recently, you may have seen that one of our cages near the entrance now features a large cage dedication.

If you haven't seen it, this is what it looks like:



Bonnie and Ed Reinhart have been customers of the rescue for years.  They have adopted two chinchillas from us over the years, and have donated many times.  Back when I used to do everything myself and had no help here, I used to occasionally close the webstore so I could get caught up on orders.  If you've been around awhile, you may remember that.  It was sometimes closed for months at a time!  Often when it was closed, they would send me a donation to make sure that the rescue would get back up and running again. 

The last I saw them in person was 3 years ago, in March of 2016, when they adopted their second chin... though they order food and supplies all the time.

Unfortunately, this past February, I received an order and a donation, with the note that Bonnie had passed away.  Ed mentioned, he still wanted to use her name in donations.  These people were a very sweet couple, always supporting me / the rescue and donating every time they could.  The donation that I received with the most recent order was $200, which is quite a sizeable amount!  Their other donations were less, but they've all added up over the years!

I talked with Chris about all of this, and she came up with doing a cage dedication for Bonnie.  I found someone to make the sign you see above, and that's what we got.  I also printed out a picture of Ed and Bonnie with one of their adoptive chinchillas, framed it, and mailed it to them.  Ed was very happy and touched by the cage dedication here and the photo we sent him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment