Sunday, March 31, 2019

Fake Inquiries

Yes, we really do get these!  Most aren't all that obvious, until they start asking really weird questions, like can they eat the chins?  Can they pelt them?  Can their snake eat them when the get tired of them?  Oddball stuff. 

But this one that I received was actually kind of amusing, so I wanted to share.  Here's a screenshot of the email:



Now... I routinely get these adoption inquiries from overstock.com... where, I should note... I DO NOT POST MY ANIMALS.  Somehow that website must grab listings from other websites and post them to there as well... and while that sounds great, almost no adoptions come from it.  Mostly because people are far away.  So, as a result, the first thing I do when I receive one of those overstock.com adoption inquiries is type in the zip code and see where they're located.  If it's like east coast or west coast or whatever, I might as well just ignore it. 

So note, this one has the zip code, 01234.  Whether or not you know anything about zip codes, let me tell you, there really are some zip codes that start with 0.  They're pretty much all on the east coast.  But I figured, I would look it up and see exactly where.


... ok.. no.  So then I look at the rest of the listing.  Look at the phone number... (123) 456-7890.  Also look at the name -- Jane Doe.  So it's all fake... but look, they did put down that they have 8 birds and one cat in the house! 

So... what exactly is the point of this?  I suppose if I'd looked at the entire thing, top to bottom, initially, it would have been more clear that it was fake to start with... but why even take the time to write all that out... like other than to waste someone's time?  Just don't get it I guess...  ah well...

No comments:

Post a Comment