Friday, May 3, 2019

Expo Dates / Scheduling

So, I've had some chats lately with some people about which expos we're going to be at, and when, and how this can easily be kept track of.  Best way -- we have a "Come See Us" section on the home page of our website.  Other than that... it gets kind of messy.

Some expos, we have planned way in advance.  Like WAAAAAAAAAAAY in advance.  For example, I already know when the Chicago Pet Show -- Kane County is in the fall, and I'm pretty sure I already had to notify that we will be there... like as of last November (which is fine, we love that expo).  Yeah, LAST November.  Some are booked way in advance.  So that probably will not change.

But, on the other hand... the All Animal Expo (AAE) in Wheaton / Hammond -- we can schedule or cancel up until the day before, probably even the day of... and sometimes we have waited until the day before to officially decide.  And that's fine.

Also, sometimes expos get moved.  See if you can follow this:  The Chicago Pet Show -- Oak Lawn is scheduled for May 4-5.  Did you know... it was originally scheduled for April 27-28th.  When it was originally scheduled for April 27th, I had agreed to go.  Then, it turned out, the Atlantic Chapter MCBA (Chinchilla) Show was also 4/27.  So, I was going to go to the Chicago Pet Show, as I'd already booked that.  Well... then we received notification from Chicago Pet Show that the Oak Lawn venue had been double booked for 4/27-28, and the show was moving to May 4-5.  Well... shit.  That was the day of the Ohio Chapter Show.  So for a moment (actually a span of 3-ish months), I had to tell Chicago Pet Show... I really don't know if I will be there or not, please check back, and I will notify as soon as I figure out (I'm on the Ohio MCBA Chapter Board, so it's hard to NOT be there for a show... I have stuff to do).  What else this meant though... was that April 27th was now expo-free again.  So, I decided I was going to the Atlantic Chapter Chin Show, as, with the Chicago Pet Show moved, I would not be able to attend the Ohio Chapter Show (IF I attended the Chicago Pet Show).  Knowing I would not likely attend the Ohio Chapter Show, I was going to attend the Atlantic Chapter Show.  Then, the Ohio Chapter Show got moved to 5/18.  Learning that, I called up the Chicago Pet Show and informed them that I WOULD be able to attend the Oak Lawn show.  In the meantime, I received a flyer from the Be Kind to Animals Pet Care Expo... also on the 27th.  With the Ohio show moved, knowing I would be able to show my animals more locally, and under a judge I liked better (than the judge for Atlantic Chapter), I applied for a booth at the Be Kind to Animals Pet Care Expo, and decided not to show at the Atlantic Chapter Show.  With the Ohio Chapter Show on 5/18, the AAE scheduled having kangaroos at the show on 5/19.  So that week/weekend will be insane, with me driving out to Ohio Wed/Thurs, showing Saturday, driving back Saturday night, and going to the AAE Sunday. 

With all these changes -- mostly event dates changing and whatnot -- can you understand why I tell people to always check our Come See Us section, when they are unsure if we will be at an event or not?  Sometimes it's hard for me to keep track of all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment