Wednesday, September 9, 2020

What Happened with Animal Control?

 Someone pointed out to me that I never shared what all happened with animal control... at the time, there was a reason for that (and since then, well, I guess I forgot).


My court date was scheduled for August 20th, which was a Thursday.   I called animal control (AC) the Friday prior to that, knowing that Sue (my favorite ACO ever) would be out of the office and would call me back Monday.  Which she did, and scheduled her visit to come out to my house Tuesday.  This visit was so that she could verify that all the animals were, in fact, gone, and that I was no longer running a business out of the house.


What helped tremendously was that that Monday was the day that the house was scheduled to have pictures taken for it's listing.  So, myself, Nikki, and Mike killed it on Sunday patching, painting, cleaning, staging, and organizing everything.  Monday, myself and Brad washed all the floors and walls and removed the last couple of things prior to pictures being taken.


...and then Tuesday, Sue showed up.  I already had the McColly "for sale" sign in the yard, and actually, at that point, already had an offer on the house (without it even being listed yet).  So Sue and another ACO came over, verified that I have no animals (I currently have a hamster and Kailey) and said yep, looks like the business is gone.  


At that point, I had also already put in an offer on a house.  If I remember right, the inspection was scheduled, but not yet completed, and I wasn't ready to share with the world that there even WAS a potential house, before I knew that it would stand up to inspection.  But, Sue asked if I knew where I was moving, and I shared the info that I had put in an offer on a house and it had been accepted.  I talked to Sue some more and she said to try to get to court early so maybe we could get this settled without having to go into the courtroom.  Check, would do.


The next day, Wednesday, myself and Brad are at my house, weeding and doing outside clean-up, in preparation for the showings later that day, when I get a call from animal control.  Sue's calling to tell me that if I give them the address of where I am moving to, that will verify that I'm moving out of the area, and the prosecuting attorney will agree to drop the case.  Address given, all that gone and done with.


...which, as someone has since brought up, proves that they really didn't care that much about a monetary fine or anything like that, but what they really cared about was just getting rid of me.  How nice.


... that said, I'm not complaining about there not being a fine.  So anyway, that's what happened with AC.

1 comment:

  1. How did all of this start? I am quite invested in the story but I feel like I am missing something at the beginning. Did someone report you?

    ReplyDelete