Thursday, October 4, 2018

Deposits

I know we talk about this over and over and over.  But this post about deposits is slightly different.

Sometimes deposits go smoothly.  I tell people, ok, I can only hold the chinchilla for like a day or so for them without a deposit.  If they want to put down a deposit, they paypal money or call or whatever to give me credit card info.

But lately... I've had a slew of people where I explain how the deposit works, I give them options for how they can pay the deposit, they choose an option... like they actually will tell me, ok they're going to do paypal or a credit card or whatever... and then they fall off the face of the earth.

That's fine, people can change their mind.  But, what doesn't change, is this -- me holding that chinchilla (or whatever animal). 

I've started telling people -- especially people who are asking about an animal that's not yet listed and I'm waiting to list -- they have until a certain day to get back to me about that animal.  If they don't, then I will list the animal.  Often, I will even possibly offer the animal at a lower price to that person (usually for the $$$ animals, don't get excited that you're gonna get a huge discount on a $100 chin)... if I list that animal, that cheaper price no longer is on the table. 

So, when I'm talking about a deposit with someone, and (for example) they have my paypal email, so they could send payment if they wanted, and they have an email / text / whatever from me that says, should they want an invoice, let me know and I will send them one (this would be more for facebook, where I don't have their email and need them to provide it to me)... and a day or two goes by with no contact, no payment, no nothing... that chin gets listed.  I'd hope people don't think I'm endlessly holding the animal for them, though honestly this really does confuse me, as why get to the point of asking how to pay the deposit... and then vanish?  *scratches head*  Really not sure on that one.  But anyway, I guess the point is, if we've talked about a deposit and you've had several days to pay it or respond to my message and haven't, you shouldn't expect that the animal is still here for you, with me waiting for you, twiddling my thumbs.  Sorry not sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment