Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Location!!

I feel like we just talked about this, but location is such a big issue.  I get people all the time, one in particular that made me think to write this, where we're several emails deep into the conversation of the chin they want and them getting it and whatnot... and then they spring it on me... they're in another country.

THIS IS IMPORTANT.

I don't know if maybe people think that getting animals from one country to another is less difficult than, you know, GOING to another country, but it's not.  Remember the last time you went to another country?  Even for Mexico / Canada (for those of us in the US), you need a passport.  If I want to take chins over, I need a passport, vet certificates, etc etc etc.  I'm not 100% sure on exactly all that is needed, but what I do know is that it's complicated.  To drive an animal into another country isn't super bad, but to ship one in requires certain permits and whatnot... which I don't have. 

So, when we're waist deep in a conversation about what chins someone is getting, and everything else, and then it comes out that they're in another country... that conversation was for nothing.  Sometimes, depending on the country, I can refer them to a more local breeder, or at least, one in their country.  Sometimes not.  But for sure, I can't get them the chinchilla.

I guess it comes back to... how do they not think this is important?  It's another country!  If I have to explain why this is a vital piece of information, well...  it is.  Sorry, but I cannot get chins (or any animals) out of the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment