Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Houses & Notice

Got an email the other day... well, this happens all the time... someone's in the area and wants to know if I have a certain item made.  Houses are the popular items to be asked about, as many of you know, they're mostly made to order.

Now, this isn't because I don't want to have them to sell, because if you've read the blog for any length of time, you probably know that I could sell way more houses than I ever have made... if only I had them made, when people are here.  I can't tell you how many people ask if we have a house for sale, and when I tell them, no, none are ready, they reply that they'll get one at the pet store.  That's perfectly fine, the pet store has some wooden ones nowadays, but the reason we don't have them is simply, there's not enough hours in the day, and they take over an hour (and two days) to make each one.

So, when people email and say, hey I'm in the area today, do you have a house?  The answer is usually no... but the thing is, this was asked multiple times over Memorial Day weekend.  I would assume at least some of those people knew, ahead of time, that they were going to see family members over the weekend, and could have provided a few days notice.  Had they... I could have made the house for them to pick up.

Because that's what happens when someone comes over, picks out a chin, and says they want to get the chin, cage, shelves, house, etc... in a few days / week, whatever.  I probably don't have a lot of that made... but I will stop what I'm doing and intentionally make them a house, because I know they're coming and I know they want it.

So... notice is super helpful.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment