Friday, May 26, 2017

Question...

So, I know I said I'd post about the show, and I intend to... but I had a quick question, maybe someone can answer for me...

I get people all the time, specifying, they want a super sweet chin, loves to be held, does well with being handled and so on and so forth.  Then they specify a chin that's either on hold, or not available yet, or for some reason, one they cannot get.  I inform them of this, and they say, ok, no worries, which others would I recommend?

So I ask them to give me a few days so I can go through the chins, and they say, sure, no rush.

You can see where this is going, can't you?

In a few days, I've emailed them back with the chin-of-all-chins, best chin ever for their family, based on my personal opinion of chins with 14 years to back it up.  So what happens?  Oh, they found a breeder who's weaning a baby next week, and they're going to get that baby.

Let's back up a step.  I find it hard enough to judge personality of a 3-4 month old baby, because at that age they're still all bouncy bouncy bouncy, and even if they'll be a calm chin, they sure won't be at that age, so I always advise people that if they're getting a baby baby, to keep in mind that it's like getting an 8 week old puppy... it's going to be more active than not, and will calm down with age.

So.. I guess my question here... why, please explain why, all the yapping about, oh they want a nice calm chin and it has to be like this and this and this... so I go to try to find one... and then they decide on a chin that there's no way to know, at that age... if it's ANYTHING like what they wanted?  Shit, if they'd said they wanted a freshly weaned baby, I could have said hey, here's 12 of them and not wasted my time trying to find the right chin for them.

If someone could explain this, that'd be great.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment