Saturday, March 24, 2018

"Wanting More Information"

You all know how much I hate to complain (yet I do, and do some more...), but this is one of those things that when I sit down and do emails all day... this one always gets me.

Someone will email me, saying basically, they read the ad I posted on a specific animal, and they would like more information.

.... on what?

Maybe when people ask that, it's crystal clear to them.  I'd personally like a more concrete question.  Typically, my ads say what the animal's personality is like, whether it gets along with other animals, what it looks like (in case the pics don't work), how handle-able it is, whether it bites...   so when people ask for more info, I don't know if they're asking about the adoption process, or whether the animal gets along with cats / kids / other animals, or what.

Rather than sending a long long LONG email with all the info that could possibly answer that question, I typically send an email back stating that I'm happy to answer any questions they have, what would they like to know.

*crickets*

I just about NEVER hear back.... which further irritates me when I see a "wanting more info" email... because I know how it's going to go.

I USED TO regurgitate the entire ad back into the email, along with some additional info... and asked if the person had more questions...and I about never heard back from those either.  So, that's how I ended up with my shorter response.  Aggravating... 

No comments:

Post a Comment