Friday, April 12, 2019

Things That Make Me Happy

Sometimes it's the little things.  Do I whine a lot?  Yes.  Are there stupid adopters?  Yes.  But am I also usually in a decent mood?  Yes. 

I suppose, if I have to tell you, I'm actually a reasonable person like everyone else, you probably wouldn't believe it, but there are a lot of happy / good moments interspersed between the stupid and annoying ones.  But... when there's a great adoption that goes off with a hitch, I can often sum that up in a sentence or two, versus the idiots, well, as you know, I can write a book. 

But anyway, I wanted to tell you that often the good moments, aside from adoptions and whatnot are actually little things.  People donating little amounts.  Don't get me wrong, $100 is great... but also few and far between.  People donating $0.25 is more likely, and would add up, if everyone did it.  So believe me that I am sincere, when I tell you thank you for your (little) donation.  I do mean it.

The other night, the good moment didn't involve anyone but myself... it was already after midnight, and I'd already over-ridden the timer once downstairs.  If you don't know, the lights are on a timer downstairs and go on in the morning, and off at night.  I don't know exactly what time, but after 10 pm for the evening turnoff.  So I'd already had to turn the lights back on (which I'd rather not do... can upset the chins which are used to the schedule) to keep working down there, and then went back up, and told myself, not going back down.  When I was upstairs, I looked at my to-do list, and the one thing on there was to list two toys (another post coming about that).  The one was already made and I have a pic of, but the other I had just sold the last of.  Even though it was more a holiday toy, I wanted to have it listed on the website, so I wanted to make one so I could take a picture and list it.  The day before, I had dyed some wood for the dyed part of the toy, and that day, it was dry, so I knew if I went downstairs again, I could assemble the toy and get a picture (and then, go upstairs and list it).  So, I said ok I'll go down again, turn on the lights again, just for that toy.

So as I'd opened the door from the house to the hallway that goes to the basement, I heard sounds like there was an animal there.  Oh, forgot to mention... there was a chin that was loose from the previous night, that I hadn't seen all day that day.  Turned on the light, the chin was at the top of the basement stairs!  (Oddly enough, this is super common... why they go up there, I don't know, but they like to go to the top of the stairs)  The noise was from her hopping around on the top step.  I caught the chin and put her away.

I did end up going down and assembling that toy.  But what was so awesome was that, had I decided to not make that toy, I wouldn't have caught that chin, at least, not right then.  And let me tell you, it's a lot easier to catch them when they're on the top step then loose in the basement.  Right place, right time, to decide to go down and make that toy.  So that was my happy moment for the day, and I wanted to share with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment