Saturday, July 6, 2019

High Temps in Vehicles

So... you may have heard me tell people recently that we already had someone "cook" a chin this year.  Unfortunately, there's at least a couple each year, and obviously while no one intends to hurt their chin, a lot of people just don't realize how hot it can get, how quickly.  And knowledge is power, so I aim to educate you as best I can.

I found this online, and I will be honest and say that I hope it's accurate... but it does seem reasonable:


...take a look at the first line.  If it's 75 outside, it takes 10 minutes to reach 100 inside the car.  Think about when you stop to get gas and then get in the car that's been sitting for a few minutes... it's hot!  So while the 100 degrees in 10 minutes, even if not exact... the point is, it gets hot quick.

So, hypothetically, if you were to take a chin home, and on the way home, stop for lunch.  Leave the chin in the car, go inside... you see that it doesn't take very long, EVEN with the outside temp not being all that hot (cause really, 75 isn't hot hot) for it to be WAY above temps that chinchillas should be in.

Bottom line... don't be stupid, keep your chins cool.  Don't be the next "someone cooked their chin" story.  I'd prefer to NOT have those stories to tell.  Thanks much.

1 comment: