Sunday, July 12, 2020

Current Status Update & Ponderings -- part 4

So today we're talking about Step 7, which is sort of the final step before everything (here) opens back up.

Step 7 is getting the house ready for chinchillas.  Except, if you have talked with me lately, you know that's, well, not quite the plan. 

The new place is going to have a barn.

It may not have one, initially, though that would be considerably easier if it did.  If there's no barn, then yes, there will be a basement, and initially, chinchillas will go down there.  However, as I'm not getting any younger and my back and knees aren't getting any more forgiving of carrying 50 pound sacks of feed down (and bags of trash back up) stairs everyday, if there's no barn, there won't be rescues until there is a barn.  Same reasoning -- not hauling in and setting up all those cages downstairs, only to haul them all back up and put them in a barn later.

Obviously, the barn will be insulated, heated, and cooled for the comfort of our furry friends.  It's be great, too, if I even had a generator just in case.  But, as I am not a millionare... maybe one thing at a time, shall we?

Little more about the new place, since I feel like I kind of got away from that, in the post where I talked about the "where" we are moving to --

It's going to be on a minimum of an acre.  Top contenders right now for that are Valparaiso, Crown Point, Portage, Chesterton, and beyond.  Note, these are all a minimum of 45+ minutes from here, going east-ish.  Think rural-ish for the smaller ones, and farm property for the slightly bigger ones.  I have something like 20-ish houses favorited... some of these places look damn neat, and I can't wait to go start seeing houses (and their barns / buildings).... but first, need to keep working on getting this place ready to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment