Monday, July 6, 2020

Current Status Update & Ponderings

Hi all.  I see it's been since the beginning of March when I posted last, sorry about that.  The pandemic hit, I got hit with the citations for my dogs, prairie dogs, chinchillas, and doves, and decided to pack up and move, and, well, here we are.  Lots of things have gone by the wayside, while packing... notably, I haven't written a blog post in forever, but today brought up a lot of interesting thoughts and I wanted to update everyone with where we are and where we're going, and all that sort of good stuff. 

So, rather than make one, super long, super rambling post, I'm going to break this down into a couple of days.  I'll post today about one thing, maybe skip a day so you all can get back on the bandwagon as far as reading this stuff, and then post about something else currently going on, until we're all caught up, and I can actually do update posts...

So, today....why today was a "big deal."  If you've talked with me anytime in the last month or so, you know that court was moved a couple times, and now sits at 7/16 (10 days from now).  Because court was pushed back, I decided I wasn't going to get the animals out, too too early, and a couple of weeks ago, I said I wasn't bringing any more in.  To be fair, I haven't brought rescues in, probably since mid-March.  Until about two weeks ago, when I talked to Jim and he oh so casually told me that there was a blue diamond and black velvet that I could sell.  Well crud.  I hadn't wanted to take any more chins home, and at this point, most of my chin cages were already gone, but I said I would see once I got there.  I ended up packing up and bringing home 10 chinchillas (this was about a week and a half ago now).  When I put them in their cages, I immediately took pictures, knowing they would need to leave quickly, and I decided on the 12th (this upcoming Sunday) being the last day for pickup.  That way, if any remainded, I would have time to get them back to Jim's, prior to court.  I had a few people inquiring about chinchillas, so those people got the list of chinchillas and pictures first, and the first two had deposits that day (and have since gone home).  Following day (I think), they were listed on my website, a few more people got inquiries, and more got deposits.  Today, barely a week from the day they came home, 7 of the 10 have already gone home, and the three that remain have deposits on them and will be picked up this week.  As of this morning, I had one left -- a black velvet female.  I did have someone inquire about her the night before, and fill out an adoption form.  I had emailed them back specifying that she would need to be picked up on or prior to the 12th, but hadn't heard back yet.  Well, long story short, they came by today and adopted her.  As all the other chins have deposits on them, that means I have brought in the last chinchilla, ever, that will be brought into this house, and also, I have also already sold / pre-sold (with deposit) the last chinchilla I will ever sell (here).  Let me tell you, that is a weird feeling! 

...it'll be even weirder when the last chinchilla leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment