Monday, March 26, 2018

Mega Cage Order

So... while I acknowledge that the cages are not on the webstore, if you want one and email me, if it's currently available (they go in and out), I can probably get it sent to you directly from the manufacturer, for no more than what it costs if you were getting it from me.  Let's start with that.

So, I get an email from someone asking how they'd go about ordering a mega cage.  I explained the above to them, and said I would check and get back to them.  I checked, not available at the time.  I was out of town at the time this was going on, and I told this person, I could check and see if I had one in stock at home (when I got home, the following day) and if I did, I could check shipping on the cage from me.  However, I strongly advised the person that shipping would likely be expensive ($30-$40+) due to the size and weight of the box.  They said that's fine, let them know.

Get home, don't have one.  But someone else wanted that cage, so I went and looked again.  Available.  Cool!  But... $10 more.  I actually can get the cage for the same price as before, but I can't ship it to a different address from that seller, so if he wanted one, I'd have to go with the $10 more one (where I could change the delivery address).

So, I emailed the person and told them, I didn't have any at my place, but, they were in luck, they were back available from the manufacturer, and I could ship directly to him.  I explained that the price had gone up $10, and the cage would be $125 if we went with that option (as I can't eat 100% of my profit). 

I never heard back.

I thought I'd hear right back (as I had all the previous times) and that this person would be happy, as $10 more for the cage would be significantly less than me shipping the cage from my place... but I dunno... never did hear from them, and now this has been at least 10+ days ago... so... guess not.

But just so you're aware, if you want the large or mega cage, I may be able to ship one directly to you, for the same price as is on my website... just let me know... they won't be going on the website anytime soon, because of the sketchy availability...

No comments:

Post a Comment