Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Chinchilla Food

I can't even begin to tell you how many people call me, wanting to pick up chinchilla food, and then when I ask, which chinchilla food do they want, they tell me "regular chinchilla food."

Hahaha.  Well, both Mazuri and Tradition are pretty regular, normal, chinchilla foods. 

Usually, the people can tell me what it costs ($1.25/lb vs. $0.75/lb) or what chinchilla they got from me (if that's the case), but if not...."regular chinchilla food" means really nothing. 

I make sure to tell all the adoptive homes which chinchilla food that their chin is eating, and I'm sure for some people, it may be lost in the wealth of info they gain when adopting... but this is a useful thing to remember!  Ideally, chinchillas should not have their food changed suddenly, as this can cause digestive upset, and potentially loose poos, so whether you've got a chin from here or from elsewhere, try to remember whatever food you are feeding, and continue your chinchilla on that food and try to avoid a cold-turkey switch to another chinchilla food, whenever possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment