Tuesday, December 5, 2017

"Small" Animals

I think people are confused.  Well, and can't read, but you all hear me whine about that enough.

I get calls all the time, that are like... "do you guys sell animals?" 

I'd like to start asking people, where did you get my number, what did you search for, and what did it say next to my number?  Because I'm pretty sure that most places my number exists... also has something along the lines of "NWI Chinchilla Rescue" or "NWI Chinchillas" next to it... but whatever.

So in this most recent instance, I told the guy, we have small animals for adoption.  His response:  "like what?" 

So I told him, you know, guinea pigs, chinchillas, rabbits, that sort of thing.  I asked him what he was looking for.  Dogs.  Let me say that again.  Dogs.

Maybe it's just me.  When you go to the pet store, and let's say you have a chihuahua, so it's a small dog... surely you don't go to the "small animal" section, do you?  I mean really?  I am absolutely AMAZED by the number of people who call and ask what small animals we have... and then expect me to tell them dogs!  I just don't get it! 

Yes, technically, a dog is a "small animal."  But if you wouldn't go to the "small animal" section in the pet store, for your small dog, then why would you ask a "small animal" rescue if we have dogs??

No comments:

Post a Comment