Friday, December 22, 2017

Consideration for Other People's Time

I swear, I will stop writing about flaky people, but...  it's been insane lately.  Tis the season for insane adopters.

I had one person who was going to stop by for food.  Don't know what came up, but they didn't let me know... so I sat home waiting for them (when I should have been doing Christmas shopping)... eventually texted and asked if they were coming, oh, no, they couldn't, they'd come another day.  Let me know, that's all I ask.

Another person asked about cages and accessories for chinchillas on a text message.  I let them know what I have, and said I could get pics of the used ones... no response.

Another texted asking if they could come by Friday or Saturday to get a chin.  I told them available times (which is most of both days, with the exception of a few hours, here and there)... no response.

Another texted asking if I still had the chinchilla available that I posted on craigslist.  Well... I post a lot of chins on craigslist, so I texted back, asking which one it was, as I've posted several.  No response.

Another texted (this should sound familiar, if you read the blog):

Them:  Hello how you doing today, am texting regarding the 1 Year Old Liver & White American Male Guinea Pig you posted for sale

Me:  Fine, you? 

Them:  Hello how you doing today, am texting regarding the Female Chinchilla you posted for sale

Me:  And the guinea pig?

Them:  Good I would love to know it's firm asking price

Me:  Yes.  Let me guess, next you're going to ask me what's the asking price

*crickets*  That's what I thought.  Busted.

Another...

Them:  Young Violet Female Chinchilla Looking for Home -- super sweet! $250, still available?

Me:  Yes

Them:  Ok, I've checked out your post...

...yadda yadda... wants to pay with scamming cashier's check and then arrange for pickup, AFTER I text them with more pics and provide my name and address so they can overnight payment.  Uh-huh...

Then another, messaged me on fb, asking if I have available chins.  Yes I do, so we talk a bit, I ask what she's looking for, she says preferably a male, I ask what age, she says preferably younger.  I tell her what colors I have, she asks what prices, I list the prices for her.  She says ok cool, she's interested, she'd like to come today.  Cool, so I tell her appointment times, she asks for the address, I give her the address, she says how about this time?  Because she's on a different time zone, I ask her, this time, as in my time?  Her response?  "I'm sorry, I'm going to go with a different gift idea."  *bashes head against wall*

This wouldn't be so bad... except this is all within yesterday and today, and it's not even 10:30 am as I write this!!  All I ask is that people be considerate.  Just like all of you, it's the holiday season for me as well, and I have a ton to do as well... and if at all possible, I'd rather spend the time with people who are serious about adopting, and not the people who want to waste a ton of time and then back out or not show up at the last minute.  Be considerate of other people's time.  It's not that hard, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment