Saturday, December 2, 2017

Meow Mix (guinea pig)

Since posting the short update about Meow Mix on the facebook page, I've had a few people mention that they must have missed her story.  So, I thought I would post about it here.

Meow Mix, originally Almost-Dinner, was found wandering the streets in Gary on November 3rd.  We had someone call the rescue later in the evening, I answered the phone, and the caller told me that they were driving around Gary, saw the guinea pig cross the road (residential street) and then saw cats following closely behind.  They were a good samaritan and stopped their vehicle, got out, and caught her.  

They posted on facebook about what happened, and someone who saw their post knew that I take in small animals (small world!) and told this caller that she should call me.  So she did.

Now, of course we've been full and still are pretty full, but you know... a random guinea pig walking the streets is a bit of a different story.  I told the lady to bring her in, and we got a guinea pig brought in that night.  I checked, she was female.  We nicknamed her Almost-Dinner, for the meantime, and posted some pics.

These were her pics from that night.





I'm not sure how well these pics translate to being able to tell her body condition, but she was super skinny, bony, and had a very dull coat.  

This is her today:



As you can tell, she's filling out, her coat is getting all glossy again, and she's eating like a champ!  And getting very round, so we anticipate possible babies!  Future update on that.

And now she is known as Meow Mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment