Friday, July 20, 2018

Little Things

If you saw our go-fund-me, you saw that a decent amount of people donated to our cause, which was super awesome.  Thanks to everyone who did.  You're all awesome.

The reason I'm writing this blog post though... is because I had a good amount of people who also commented, they would help if they could, but they're unable.  Totally understandable.  I'm not rich, so if someone asks me for money for their cause, I might be able to donate something... but I might not.  Surely, not right at this moment, but normally, possibly.

The thing is, I get it.  I had a few people literally apologizing that they couldn't help.  It's ok!  And I mean, really, if people want to help, I don't want anyone to think that we only want money help, whatever help is awesome!

For example, one of our foster homes came by the other day to pick up more feed for her foster chins, and some for her chins as well (they're the same food).  Turns out, her fosters have been out of food for two months, but rather than come get more food from us, she used her food to feed them, since she knew what was going on with the money situation here.  This is a perfect example of, it didn't cost her any more than what she had already spent, but she was using it to help out and temporarily alleviate some of our costs.  I appreciate that.

Same with, I've had people come by to adopt, and bring something off our List of Needed Items.  The most recent one I can think of, she brought starbucks bottles and said if / when she comes again, she may be able to bring some printer paper.  For her, this was stuff she had sitting around, so no additional cost to her, to donate.

Even change is appreciated!  I get a lot of people who adopt an animal and get some treats, or something that amounts out to me giving them a quarter or 50 cents back.  Of course, I'm happy to give everyone their change!  But that little bit adds up!  We usually have between 250-300 adoptions per year... if everyone gave $0.25-$0.50, that'd be $62.50-$150 worth in donations!  It all adds up!

Some people have come to volunteer.  Time is one of those things... there's never enough.  There is always something that needs washed, toys that need made, wood that needs sanded... always something to do.

Never think that what you can give isn't enough.  It's the little things that add up!

No comments:

Post a Comment