Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Waiting List -- Again

So, I talked a few days ago about our waiting list and how the different responses we get.  Wanted to share a few more with you, as we have some open cages, so I've been going down the list to get chins in to fill them.... and this is a perfect example of how I tell people, sometimes I'll have a long list, and it can sometimes whittle down quickly...

First person -- emailed the person on the waiting list.  They emailed back within the hour, thanking me for reaching out, but letting me know they'd found another rescue with space to take their chin in.  Crossed off the list.

Second person -- emailed the person on the waiting list.  They emailed back later that day, saying they did want to bring the chins in.  They scheduled an appointment for a few days later, showed up to their appointment, and surrendered the chins.

Third person -- I didn't have an email for them (if I have email and phone, I'll call and email if I don't get them on one or the other), so I called them.  Second ring, they sent the call to voicemail.  Called again, just to check I had dialed the right number, first ring, sent to voicemail.  So, I sent them a text, saying who I was and that we had room for their chinchilla at the rescue, and that I would appreciate if they could let me know, either way, if they needed to bring in the chin or not.  Now... I have an iPhone, and so do they, and they had read-receipts on... so in looking at the text, I can physically see that they read my text message... I let it sit in my messages for about 5 days with no response before I deleted it and crossed them off the list.

Fourth person -- emailed (and in all the emails, I tell people, they have until the end of the day on a certain day (usually 2-3 full days later), to get back to me), no response.  The day I told them passed... moving along.

Fifth person -- had a phone number, and had actually been texting with this person when they were added to the list, which was only like 2 weeks ago (see, sometimes the wait isn't super long... though of course there are people after her), so I texted her to let her know that we had room.  She responded back, she does want to bring in the chin, but needs to coordinate to get him here (she's going to college and can't take with), so she said she'd get back to me within a few days with when she can bring him in.

Sixth person -- was on our waiting list before... I didn't read through all the messages to find out exactly what happened, but must have been removed for some reason.  They contacted about a week and a half ago, asking to be re-added to the waiting list.  Re-added them... more recently, reached out to say we have room for their chin.  It's a facebook message to our NWI Chins page... she hasn't read it yet and it's been a day or two...

Aside from these people, there's still two people on the list... one which is in Ohio who wants to bring the chin to Jim's place (when I'm there of course), so that's sort of special arrangements, and the last one wants to bring in chins.. but I need to officially hear back from these other people before I can reach out to her.  Also, I believe I have 2-3 more emails in my inbox about people wanting to bring in their pets.  The waiting list goes down... but there's rarely not one anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment