Then I had the numbers of cleaning the drawers, making toys, and making supplement. Started out and cleaned yet another of the chests of drawers (there's quite a few of them -- that number will stay on my list until I've done em all). Between the two tall black ones, I have two medical drawers, and there was never any rhyme or reason as to what went in either one of them, they were sort of a mishmosh. Well, now they are sorted. One has only medications, and the other has everything else. Much better.
Moving on, I made some jars of
supplement. I had one person who bought supplement return their empty
jar, so that allowed me to make an extra jar without using a new one.
So if you buy any of the items in the glass jars, are just throwing
them away when they're empty, and are local, please bring them back to
the rescue as they can be sterilized and used again.
moved on to toys. Since I know that I should be anticipating toy parts
sooner or later (assuming this package doesn't get lost as well), I
started with the critter's delight toy. I was drilling through a piece
of wood that had a knot in it (couldn't be seen from the top), and I was
really pressing it wasn't going through, and my titanium drill bit
literally snapped in two. Naturally, taking a nice chunk of skin with
it. So, rather than take a break and go upstairs, I figured, I'll just
fold a paper towel and wrap it around my finger several times and tape
it on. If you're reading this, thinking "what a bad idea," you'd be
correct. So, it was bleeding, but I wanted to keep making toys, so I
figured, the paper towel will soak it up and it'll be fine... sure
would. In fact, when I went to peel it off, hours later, I had about
5-6 layers of paper towel nicely stuck onto the area where I was missing
skin on my finger. Let's just say that hurt to get off.
anyway, before I went upstairs to fix the finger (and it's the SAME
finger as the one I broke and mangled with the saw -- bad luck finger I
guess), I made enough of the critter's delight toys to fill the drawer
they go in, and then moved onto the pumice and triangles toy. I made as
many as I could with my pre-drilled pumice and triangles, then started
drilling more pumice. I got about half of a gallon-sized bag drilled at
the point when the drill battery kicked out, so that went on the
Then, I have bags and bags of non-drilled toy
parts, so I went through two of the bags and separated out the
triangles and the little squares that go in all the toys. With the
drill charging, not much else I could do, so that was the end of the day
(not to mention, it was 10:30 at night).
Next day has the numbers of cleaning drawers, making toys, and listing cages.