Thursday, September 20, 2012

READ, people.

Ok, so I don't understand what is so difficult with people reading. 

So, emails (names have been removed):

Them:


I am very interested in this chinchilla, please get back to me for more details. How is it delivered/picked up and what all comes with pet? What is the final price? Thank you,
 
Me: 
 
Right now, this chinchilla is on hold for someone.  If you'd like, I can let you know if that person decides not to get her.  Let me know.  All of our chins come with 2 pounds of food, a baggie of chews, a hanging chew toy, and our booklet care packet.  As for how you get the chinchilla, you have to come here to pick her up.  We don't deliver and we don't meet people.  The final price is $175.  Let me know if you want me to let you know if the other home decides to not get her.

Them:

Hello again, Yes that would be great if you could let me know if the other person takes it or not. And where are you located again?
 
Me:
 
Alright, I will let you know either way.  We are located in Munster, IN.  

(so, the other person decides to not get the female, so I email this person again)
 
The other person decided not to get this chinchilla kit (the 10 week old mosaic female). I have marked down that you wanted to know if they didn't end up getting her, so I'm emailing you. Please let me know if you're still interested in getting her. If you are interested, there is a chinchilla care packet that you will need to read, as well as an adoption form you'll need to fill out. I can email those to you if you'd like. Let me know.  
Hope to hear from you soon. 
 
Them:
 
Yes i am still interested, where are you located so i can come take a look at the little fella? You can send the care packet and adoption form. Thank you!
 
Me:

We are in Munster, IN.  Our address is 10212 Devonshire Lane, Munster, IN  46321.  When would you like to come over and see her?  I've attached our care packet and adoption form to this email.  Once you get the adoption form back to me, I'll take a look at it, and if everything looks good, you'll be all set to take the chin home.  :)
 
Them:
 
Oh wow, I didn't realize you were so far. I live all the way down in Florida. I'm sorry. I don't know how I missed the fact you live in Indiana. You said you don't ship them? I don't know if that is even possible actually. Well if not then yah I obviously won't be able to come get her. :( Sad day. Thank you for your time and being kind enough to get back with me about the chinchilla!

I don't know how she missed the fact we live in Indiana either, because whether she saw the chin on the website or on a different ad, all of our ads specifically state "This chin is located in Munster, Indiana," and our Chins for Sale page specifies that all chins are in Munster, IN, unless otherwise specified.  AND I told her in a previous email, before this chin was even available to her, that we were in Munster, IN.  Guess she glossed over all of that.  

And this isn't an isolated incident, this happens all the time.  I realize if you search "chins for sale Florida" on the internet that likely, some results are not in Florida, but surely I'd think people could stop for a moment and, I dunno, READ the ad?  Or look at the website, maybe the "about us" page, if she missed it on the chins for sale page?  Must be too much to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment